[leafnode-list] Re: How to delete headers?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:30:14 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Manfred Lotz schrieb am 2004-02-22:
>
>> In a certain newsgroup I have way too much headers. I would like to delete
>> headers older than 100 days.
>
> Run texpire regularly (daily, from cron) and set the "expire" and
> "groupexpire" parameters according to your desires. expire is the global
> variable, groupexpire allows to change the value for an individual group
> or set of groups.

I had run texpire already however it didn't delete any articles.

This was a misconception of mine. I believed that texpire would delete
according to the date/time the article was posted. Now I see that it takes
the time of the file containing the article. This means that when
fetchnews initially grabs many articles I do not get rid of old stuff
easily.

Manfred