Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode hanging

On 24 Feb,
     Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Leafnode relies on the kernel's TCP/IP stack to pass down a timeout.

Presumably that is what is happening on the occasions when I get the message
"server went away"

> If the server just hangs without actually dropping the line, leafnode will
> also hang.

Would it be possible to cater for this, without having to (manually) kill the
process.(I have had no further problems since I have started calling the
text.news.ntlworld server by it's old ip address, rather than its current
redirection to the broken binary server.  How long this will be available is
anyone's guess)

--
  Brian Duffell    RiscPC600      | StrongARM 233Mhz RISC OS 4 66Mb
  Linux PCs on RISC OS network    | <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>