Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc1 available

On 26 Feb,
     Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> leafnode 1.9.52 release candidate #1 is available at
> http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode/
>
> This should help server getting wedged problems. If such problems show
> up repeatedly, please run with debugmode=3 (see README's TROUBLESHOOTING
> section for syslog.conf setup instructions) and report the last few
> lines before the timeout, so we can make sure it's really a server bug,
> not a leafnode bug.
>
> Please test, this is supposed to become 1.9.52 somewhen in March.  The
> long time until the release is supposed to be an incentive for as many
> users as possible to test the release candidate.
>
> It is essential to test this on as many systems as possible to avoid the
> leafnode 1.9.50 disaster that had the "excessive active refetch" bug
> that hadn't been discovered in release candidates #3 and #4.

I've been using it with ntlworld's binary server which is usually dodgy, and
it has coped fine so far, timing out successfully after five minutes
everytime the ntlworld server has wedged, releasing the news downloaded from
the more reliable servers I use.

(SuSE 8.2 system)

--
  Brian Duffell    RiscPC600      | StrongARM 233Mhz RISC OS 4 66Mb
  Linux PCs on RISC OS network    | <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>