[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] Best way to erase downloaded files
- To: "Leafnode Mailing List" <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] Best way to erase downloaded files
- From: "Gerry Doris" <gdoris@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:11:04 -0500 (EST)
- Importance: Normal
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Reply-to: gdoris@xxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.2-1
One of my kids tried to access a group called alt.binaries.cd.image and
when leafnode ran it happily started downloading nearly 140k messages.
Most of these contain very large binary files!
I noticed what was going on after 12 hours of downloading and stopped the
process before my disk completely filled up. This has also prevented
useful downloads of other groups.
What is the best way to erase both the problem group and all the files
PS. I want to thank you for all your efforts on Leafnode. It's a great
application and you've done a superb job!
leafnode-list mailing list