[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc3 available
- To: Leafnode Mailing List <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc3 available
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 00:46:20 +0100
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mutt/220.127.116.11i
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
leafnode 1.9.52 release candidate #3 is available at
This fixes a server watermark corruption bug introduced into 1.9.50
and found by Bastian Blank.
Please test, this is supposed to become 1.9.52 somewhen in Mid or Late March. The
long time until the release is supposed to be an incentive for as many
users as possible to test the release candidate.
It can be downloaded as source .tar.bz2 tarball.
NEWS since 1.9.51.rel, with changes from rc1 (yes rc1 not rc2 - rc2 was
announced tersely) highlighted:
### INCOMPATIBLE BUGFIXES AND CHANGES
- Cleanup: Logging is now more consistent, prefixes server or group name where
> applicable. Timeout and other line reading problems now appear in the debug
> log with "ERROR:" on the line for easy retrieval with grep, the end of file
> is also logged as "< (EOF)".
- Change: fetchnews now uses timeout_fetchnews rather than timeout_client when
waiting for a server's NNTP status response.
> (after rc #1, a documentation fix was provided by David Holden)
- Bugfix: checkgroups can now read the checkgroups file from a path relative
to the current working directory.
- Bugfix: fetchnews will wait no more than five minutes (configurable through
the new timeout_fetchnews parameter) for a server response that is not a
> - Bugfix: fetchnews will not kill the group's high watermarks when it has to
> abort the fetch. It will leave a snapshot file behind that is merged on the
> next run for the server that failed.
> The bug was introduced into 1.9.50 and discovered by Bastian Blank.
> - Cleanup: Some internal variables have been renamed to avoid name clashes
> with library functions (Ralf Wildenhues).
> - Cleanup: getline.c now includes string.h to avoid compiler warnings
> (Ralf Wildenhues).
- Feature: The fetchnews server respone timeout is now independent of nntpd's
> - Documentation: README now explains the difference between news.debug and
> news.=debug in syslog.conf and recommends the former.
> - Safety: multiple configurations for the same server and port now cause an
> abort. Leafnode cannot handle fetching for multiple users per single server.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list mailing list