[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc6 available
- To: Leafnode Mailing List <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc6 available
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 02:10:02 +0100
- Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 02:10:53 +0100
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mutt/184.108.40.206i
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
leafnode 1.9.52 release candidate #6 is available at
It has further logging improvements and will now try all IPs of a host
instead of aborting after the first IP that could not be connected to.
Please test, this is supposed to become 1.9.52 next week-end
if everything goes well and no further bugs are found.
The long time until the release is supposed to be an incentive for as
many users as possible to test the release candidate.
It can be downloaded as source .tar.bz2 tarball.
Changes since 1.9.52 release candidate #5:
+ Bugfix: log exact reason why a fetchnews connection has failed.
+ Bugfix: try all IPs of a host even when the connection one of them failed.
+ Cleanup: The signal causing fetchnews to abort will now be logged.
+ Cleanup: suppress 'found no server with posting permission' in fetchnews
when one or more servers have not been queried, suggested by Al Bogner.
+ Cleanup: when any server has not been queried by fetchnews, print a warning
(unless -q is given) and log it.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list mailing list