Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode keeps retrieving active list

Cory C. Albrecht schrieb am 2004-03-21:

> leafnode.config file, and even though leafnode reports no errors and
> creates the active.read file, it still keeps downloading the entire
> list of newsgroups from that server every time it connects. This is no
> good for me since I am on a dial-up link. :-(
>
> Leafnode doesn't do this for any other server in my config file. Any
> ideas why?

No, my crystal ball is steamy unfortunately. Recent leafnode versions
(for instance, the 1.9.52.rc6 release candidate,
http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode/) give the reason for re-fetching
the active list. If you get a warning that the server does not support
group descriptions, set nodesc=1 below the corresponding server= line,
if that does not help, please see the "TROUBLESHOOTING" section of the
"README" file, adjust your configuration as shown there, then run
fetchnews once with debugmode=2 and send me the resulting debug log
off-list. I'll then try to figure what's up.

HTH,
Matthias