[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] 1.9.52 release may be postponed
- To: Leafnode Mailing List <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] 1.9.52 release may be postponed
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:24:55 +0100
- Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:25:07 +0100
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mutt/18.104.22.168i
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I will probably need to postpone the leafnode 1.9.52 release that was
originally planned for this week-end on technical grounds.
Among other minor issues, a severe bug has been found that requires some
effort to fix, and there will not be enough time to test the necessary
release candidate #11 in the field in only a day.
I plan to make 1.9.52 a high-quality, tested release, and prefer to have
the severe bug ironed out rather than releasing another version with
that bug. There is no fixed release date, I hope release somewhen in the
first week or week-end in April.
Although the bug is severe and no good workaround is known at the
moment, it is not "dangerous" in that it neither destroys data nor
allows for code injection nor to elevate privileges.
Please apologize this inconvenience,
Encrypt your mail: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list mailing list