[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc11 available
- To: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc11 available
- From: Gerry Doris <gdoris@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:29:32 -0500 (EST)
- Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:46:35 +0100
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> leafnode 1.9.52 release candidate #11 is available at
> It is available as .tar.bz2 source tarball
> and as ready-to-go RPM for i486 compatible Linux machines with libpcre
> or pcre installed and GNU libc 2.2.
> Release Candidate #11 has received a very important texpire bug fix.
> Please state whether texpire performance is still acceptable or if it
> has become significantly slower. Please state the size of your RAM in
> all reports.
> Please test, this is supposed to become 1.9.52 next week.
Wow! These updates are sure coming fast and furious. I've become really
skilled at installing them and am thinking of writing a custom script to
save on keystrokes :)
texpire is working fine on my system. However, I really can't comment on
the speed since I usually run it from cron in the middle of the night. I
just ran it manually and it didn't appear to be overly slow. I have an
older 1G celeron with 256K of ram.
The final lines of texpire say that I deleted 1705 articles with 87417
kept. It wrote an active file with 31715 lines.
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer
leafnode-list mailing list