Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.52.rc11 available

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Hello,
>
> leafnode 1.9.52 release candidate #11 is available at
> http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode/
>
> It is available as .tar.bz2 source tarball
> and as ready-to-go RPM for i486 compatible Linux machines with libpcre
> or pcre installed and GNU libc 2.2.
>
> Release Candidate #11 has received a very important texpire bug fix.
> Please state whether texpire performance is still acceptable or if it
> has become significantly slower. Please state the size of your RAM in
> all reports.
>
> Please test, this is supposed to become 1.9.52 next week.
>
> Matthias

Wow!  These updates are sure coming fast and furious.  I've become really
skilled at installing them and am thinking of writing a custom script to
save on keystrokes :)

texpire is working fine on my system.  However, I really can't comment on
the speed since I usually run it from cron in the middle of the night.  I
just ran it manually and it didn't appear to be overly slow.  I have an
older 1G celeron with 256K of ram.

The final lines of texpire say that I deleted 1705 articles with 87417
kept.  It wrote an active file with 31715 lines.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer