Re: [leafnode-list] Deleting selected articles from archive

Rick Pasotto schrieb am 2004-03-28:

> What I would like to do is never expire a particular newsgroup but
> rather purge only selected articles. If I create a list of article
> numbers I can manually remove them from the spool but before I do this
> I'd like to know if doing so would screw anything up and if the overview
> would get properly rebuilt.

Remember that you need to purge the article from the
/var/spool/news/group/name/1234 files (multiple for crossposted
articles) and the /var/spool/news/message.id/NNN/ directory. You can
read the article in message.id/NNN and evaluate the Xref: header to get
the group/name/1234 figures.

The overview data is rebuilt next time you're running texpire.