[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] PAM Support does not work!!!
- To: "Jim Gifford" <maillist@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] PAM Support does not work!!!
- From: Hynek Schlawack <hynek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:41:01 +0200
- Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:41:38 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Organization: Private
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110002 (No Gnus v0.2) Emacs/21.3.50 (gnu/linux)
* "Jim Gifford" <maillist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But PAM should work in this manner. I use other programs with pam that
> read the shadow file. I will take a look at mod_auth_pam's code and
> try to compare it to your code and see what the difference is.
the problem about PAM is it's bad documentation. I printed it out read
throughoutly, however there seem to be more stuff - undocumented.
The way I do the authentification, it works when the software runs with
root-privileges. I'll try to have a further look either (I've just came
home from vacation) and enhace it when it's possible.
If I don't find some more documentation about PAM I'll consider to write
one (or at least enrich the old one).
leafnode-list mailing list