Re: [leafnode-list] Problems with 1.9.52-rel

Andrew Cranson schrieb am 2004-04-04:

> I upgraded to RPM version of 1.9.52 last night, from 1.9.51 which was
> working fine, I have checked the config file but keep getting
> authentication errors trying to update groupinfo:
>
> /usr/sbin/fetchnews -vvvf
> news.eurofeeds.com: getting all newsgroups (debug: active: (nil),
> forceactive: true)
> news.eurofeeds.com: reading all newsgroups failed, reason "480
> Authentication Required".
> ERROR: FETCHNEWS MUST REFETCH THE WHOLE ACTIVE FILE NEXT RUN.
> REASON: obtaining the active file failed.
> news.eurofeeds.com: reading server info from

> Any idea what could be causing this? The user/pass for the upstream feed
> are correct, I tried connecting directly via my usenet client without any
> problems so I suspect the issue is local to leafnode.

It works for me with news.individual.de that also requires
authentication.

Can you obtain a debug log with debugmode=2 and mail it
to me off-list? (Make sure your syslog.conf captures news.debug logging
into some file and restart syslogd by giving it a HUP signal if you've
needed to change its configuration.)