[leafnode-list] duplicate articles

Does leafnode not check for duplicate 'Message-ID:'?

My last poll downloaded approx 15000 articles (many going back to last
year) with the same Message-ID: that I've already got on my system. (I
don't expire articles from this group so that's why I still have all the
old articles.) I can understand re-getting old messages if they had
expired off my system, but in this case they had not.

What would be the easiest way of getting rid of the duplicates?

--
"[Government's] great contribution to human wisdom...is the discovery
 that the taxpayer has more than one pocket." --- H. L. Mencken