[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] duplicate articles
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] duplicate articles
- From: Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:13:38 +0200
- Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:14:56 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110002 (No Gnus v0.2) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux)
Rick Pasotto <rick@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> Does leafnode not check for duplicate 'Message-ID:'?
Yes, it does.
Which version of leafnode are you using?
> My last poll downloaded approx 15000 articles (many going back to last
> year) with the same Message-ID: that I've already got on my system.
Have you moved the spool since the first installation of leafnode? If
so, have you run texpire since?
> (I don't expire articles from this group so that's why I still have
> all the old articles.) I can understand re-getting old messages if
> they had expired off my system, but in this case they had not.
> What would be the easiest way of getting rid of the duplicates?
texpire of a _recent_ leafnode version, that is 1.9.52 for the 1.9.X
branch or the most current leafnode-2 alpha.
Encrypt your mail: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95
leafnode-list mailing list