[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.53.rc2 available
- To: Leafnode Mailing List <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.53.rc2 available
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:15:56 +0000
- Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:16:17 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mutt/188.8.131.52i
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
leafnode 1.9.53 release candidate #2 is available at
It is available as .tar.bz2 source tarball
and as ready-to-go RPM for i486 compatible Linux machines with libpcre
or pcre installed and GNU libc 2.2.
Changes since 1.9.52:
+ Bugfix: do not re-authenticate if server requires authentication for the
same command twice.
+ Compatibility: support forgetful servers that require re-authentication
often. Reported by Andrew Cranson.
+ Consistency: the try_lock() debug message now goes to stdout, and only in
verbose mode. It used to be printed on stderr, unlike most of the other
debug messages. Reported by Kieron Dunbar.
+ Consistency: "skipped group.name, not in only_groups_pcre" message is now
prefixed with the server name.
+ Feature: fetchnews supports an environment variable, LN_SKIP_GROUPS, that is
treated as a comma-separated list of wildmats, any match sufficient. All
matching groups are skipped, so you can skip your binary groups during
daytime, for instance. Don Geddis had complained a configuration cheat he'd
been using had stopped working with one of the recent fixes. Let there be an
official way to do things instead.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list mailing list