[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] Howto force AUTH on a leafnode server
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] Howto force AUTH on a leafnode server
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 01:31:32 +0200
- Delivery-date: Sat, 01 May 2004 01:31:42 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mutt/126.96.36.199i
Xavier Maillard schrieb am 2004-04-30:
> I am new at leafnode which is really cool.
> I have a question, is there any possibility to allow users to
> authenticate against my NNTP server ?
leafnode-2, which has not yet been officially released, supports a local
file in user:encryptedpassword format for authentication or PAM. PAM has
been reported not to work with system accounts (unix_chkpwd problems as
it seems) but anything that does not require root privileges to access
some file should be fine.
Leafnode-1 cannot authenticate users, a possible solution to that
problem would be to install an SSL wrapper with strict certificate
validation and let the user authenticate with his certificate, or write
an authentication wrapper that refuses any command until authenticated.
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95
leafnode-list mailing list