[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] filtering spam articles using the "from" field
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] filtering spam articles using the "from" field
- From: Mark <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 09:22:29 -0700
- Delivery-date: Sat, 01 May 2004 18:20:01 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 (Windows/20040207)
Ray Abbitt wrote:
It's actually fairly easy, but you may want to reconsider just a bit.
I believe you will find that a lot of legitimate posts in your spool
from users @xx.shawcable.net since shaw is one of the bigger cable
connectivity providers in Canada.
I agree! Maybe a filter or two on one of the 'Posting-Host' type headers
would be better.
The following filter will work:
pattern = ^From:.*shawcable.net
action = kill
When did that change? I thought the syntax for that was just a single line
You are correct...all my other filters follow this syntax
leafnode-list mailing list