[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.54.rc2 available
- To: Leafnode Mailing List <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.54.rc2 available
- From: Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:58:01 +0200
- Delivery-date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:58:12 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Mutt/22.214.171.124i
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
leafnode 1.9.54 release candidate #2 is available at
Changes since 1.9.53:
### INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
+ Consistency: The lockfile timeout for checkgroups has changed to five
seconds, checkgroups used to wait indefinitely.
+ Bugfix: fetchnews and texpire would delete a lockfile held by another
process when there were problems reading the configuration file.
+ Robustness: texpire is a lot more careful about mids files. Johannes Berg
reported aborts related to corrupt mids files. mids files are removed at
start of any leafnode program.
+ Feature: The maximum time that programs wait for a lock file can now be
configured through "timeout_lock" in the configuration file and overridden
by the LN_LOCK_TIMEOUT environment variable, to simplify running fetchnews
and texpire from a cron job. A workaround was suggested by Dirk-Lüder Kreie.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list mailing list