Re: [leafnode-list] duplicate articles

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 11:05:39AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Rick Pasotto schrieb am 2004-05-16:
>
> > When I brought this up before I really didn't try to fix it but today it
> > happened again. I got 15000+ new (actually old) articles in a newsgroup
> > than might have 100 on a heavy day. The excess are all old and are
> > duplicates of articles already in the spool.
>
> Well, the machine is, as you are showing below, suffering spool
> corruption. You wrote on April 18th you were using leafnode 1.9.52,
> I presume this is still true?
>
> If it is, please check http://www.projectcolo.org.uk/~broonie/leafnode/
> it has 1.9.54.rc2 deb's for Debian Linux on i386 and powerpc, by Mark
> Brown - note they ship without guarantee, as usual, but bug reports will
> be processed by Mark and by me, of course -- feedback is solicited!
>
> Texpire as of leafnode 1.9.52 and before would not repair the spool of a
> group you had set to "never expire" (groupexpire this.group = -1 -- note
> the leafnode-2 syntax differs slightly).

I installed the above mentioned .deb, set debug=1, and ran
'texpire -vvv'. Lots of relinking and duplicate deletions. One of the
result lines was:

triangle.general: 58464 articles deleted, 48246 kept

Slrn now seems to be happy and can find parent articles.

Thank you.

--
"Every citizen who has produced or acquired a product should have
 the option of applying it immediately to his own use or of