Re: [leafnode-list] Problems posting with leafnode after auth

Salut,

JUL à écrit:

> I'm running debian with leafnode. I was running leafnode 1.9.19 on my
> woody for a long time with no problems. After upgrading the package to a
> more recent version, i've got some problems posting to a news server.
>
> So the version I use is : 1.9.52.rel (as a backport for woody)

1.9.52 is a bad egg with respect to authentication. Older versions
volunteered authentication, but as the corresponding standard (RFC-2980)
arrived later than many implementations, this didn't work out, and no
problems had been reported against the 1.9.52 release candidates.
(Which is a good reason to switch into regression-fixes only mode soon.)

As a stop-gap measure, you can get 1.9.54.rc2 for Debian Woody on i386
and powerpc from http://www.projectcolo.org.uk/~broonie/leafnode/ which
will fix your posting problem.

The final 1.9.54 release should show up there and/or on
www.backports.org in a couple of days, but I can't give any details as
it's a matter of Mark Brown's spare time.

There will be no urge to upgrade from rc2 to the final release, unless
you have cross-posted articles that you cannot access by Message-ID --
in that case, running "texpire -r" would help - which is a new feature
as of 1.9.54.rc3. 1.9.54.rc2 and older cannot detect if a Message-ID
link of a cross-posted article is missing.

HTH,

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95