Re: [leafnode-list] texpire keeps segfaulting

José María Mateos schrieb am 2004-06-05:

> 	I'm attaching the last 300 lines of strace output.

José,

thanks for sending the strace, but I cannot quite figure the exact place
where the crash happens from the strace.

Can you obtain a stack backtrace for texpire, or run texpire under
supervision of gdb, dbx, valgrind, purify or similar?

You may need to recompile leafnode without stripping the debug
information. Reinstallation is not necessary, you can run texpire from
the build directory, for instance: env LN_DEBUG=2 sudo -u news ./texpire -vvv

The FAQ that shipped with leafnode has information on the stack
backtrace.

If you have set the core size limit sufficiently high, try
find /var/spool/news -name '*core*'
to see if texpire has left a core file that you can use.

If you don't have one:
At debug levels 2 or higher, texpire will set a (soft) core file size
limit of 64 MB by itself.

env LN_DEBUG=2 /usr/local/sbin/texpire [your options]

should work unless you have debugmode=0 in the configuration file.

Thanks in advance,

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95