Re: [leafnode-list] texpire segfaults

Michael W.Cocke schrieb am 2004-06-10:

> What other information do you need?  I honestly haven't a clue.  Just
> for grins, I tried the new (alpha 20040513a) version - texpire works,
> but fetchnews segfaults!

Has this seen old data from leafnode-1 or was leafnode-1 completely
removed, including documentation and /var/spool/news?

Can you reproduce the alpha-version segfault? Try

./configure --prefix=/var/tmp/leafnode-alpha
make
make install

and run it as: /var/tmp/leafnode-alpha/sbin/fetchnews

It should generate a core file, try
find /var/tmp/leafnode-alpha -name '*core*' -print

and then try getting a backtrace from the core file with something
similar to:

gdb /var/tmp/leafnode-alpha/sbin/fetchnews ..../core
(fill in the actual path)

inside gdb, type backtrace full, then type quit.

Finally, mail me the resulting backtrace off-list.

Thanks.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95