Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.10.0.rc3 available

Kevin R. Bulgrien schrieb am 2004-06-10:

> Cannot build rpm with rpmbuild -tb because Mandrake has
> chosen to name their pcre packages differently than the
> spec file expects.
>
>  $ rpm -qa | grep pcre
>  libpcre0-4.5-3mdk
>  libpcre0-devel-4.5-3mdk
>
> The spec file line:
>
> BuildPrereq: pcre
>
> causes the build to fail.
>
>  $ rpmbuild -tb leafnode-1.10.0.rc3.tar.bz2
>  error: Failed build dependencies:
>          pcre is needed by leafnode-1.10.0.rc3-1
>
> Deleting the BuildPrereq line and repackaging the files
> allows leafnode to be build correctly.  One might have
> also changed the BuildPrereq line to match Mandrakes
> naming I suppose.

I don't know a good solution for that yet. Does it work for you to write:

BuildPrereq: libpcre.so.0

Is the Mandrake pcre.h file installed in either of /usr/include/pcre or
/usr/include? (Try: rpm -ql libpcre0-devel)

TIA,

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95