Re: [leafnode-list] 'not found in groupinfo file' Why?

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:31:27AM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> This morning I started getting this instead of new messages:
>
> comp.os.linux.announce not found in groupinfo file
>
> It's the same for all the other newsgroups I get. What's going on?
>
> Using debian 1.10.0.rel-2.

Further info: If I am reading correctly 'fetchnews -f' is supposed to
force a complete rebuild. It does nothing but give the same report that
'group.x not found in groupinfo file'.

BTW, the groups are not found in the groupinfo file because there's
*nothing* there. The file size is zero. Also the server files in
/var/spool/news/leaf.node are size zero.

--
"Lying to ourselves is more deeply ingrained than lying to others."
		-- Fyodor Dostoevsky