[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] 'not found in groupinfo file' Why?
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] 'not found in groupinfo file' Why?
- From: Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:01:32 +0200
- Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:01:41 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- User-agent: Gnus/5.110003 (No Gnus v0.3) Emacs/21.3 (gnu/linux)
Rick Pasotto <rick@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:31:27AM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
>> This morning I started getting this instead of new messages:
>> comp.os.linux.announce not found in groupinfo file
>> It's the same for all the other newsgroups I get. What's going on?
>> Using debian 1.10.0.rel-2.
> Further info: If I am reading correctly 'fetchnews -f' is supposed to
> force a complete rebuild. It does nothing but give the same report that
> 'group.x not found in groupinfo file'.
> BTW, the groups are not found in the groupinfo file because there's
> *nothing* there. The file size is zero. Also the server files in
> /var/spool/news/leaf.node are size zero.
Has the /var partition run out of space perhaps?
An empty groupinfo file after fetchnews -f is rather unlikely - check
the logs if they have further information. If you don't have logs, check
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95
leafnode-list mailing list