Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Downloading headers and bodies separately

ivanova schrieb am 2004-06-23:

[delaybody mode]
> If everything works as it should, the old dummy message will be deleted
> and the new full message will show up right?

That's how it is supposed to work. It requires that the news reader
accesses by article number (not Message-ID) and doesn't cache the body.

> But I still need a way to distinguish between messages with bodies and
> those without. Something added to the subject or an extra header line
> perhaps?

Such modifications will break one news reader or another unfortunately.

I also don't see how this would be needed for common work flow if things
work properly - the Subject will be interesting to you in either case,
and the first time you'll look at the post, it will get marked for
download (header only), the next time you look at it, you'll have the
full post with body to read.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95