Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode and Message-ID's

Andrey Slusar schrieb am 2004-07-03:

> > >  Article is not posted, but leafnode rejecting this is message-id :(
>
> > Please configure (in Windows) the DNS domain name.
>
>   It's generate not a my computer - it's a users in local net. I not
> happy to reconfigure all users computers in this net.
>   inn is not rejecting this postings,

INN doesn't care when it should. Not very sensible: if two users post at
the same time, their Message-IDs may collide.

With respect to probability of collision, please remember the birthday
'paradoxon' (i. e. what is the chance that two people out of 50 attending
have the same birthday - it is 97%, not 14% as one might be tempted to
believe).

Leafnode expects of client computers to know their host- and domainname.
If they don't know either, tell them not to generate Message-IDs and
leave this task for leafnode.

The client computers should have been properly configured (host +
domain) from day 1, of course it's more work now but you only have to do
it once.

I'm sorry but I cannot give another answer at this time.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)