Re: [leafnode-list] inaccurate response to GROUP command

Mark Brown schrieb am 2004-07-21:

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:09:33PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> > Is that the touch_newsgroups by Jim Nicholson, found at
> > http://www.minusen.force9.co.uk/utilities/?
>
> There's a touch_newsgroups in the Debian package.  I think I may have
> written it myself but I can't remember right now.

That's the one in 1.10.1:

# touch_newsgroup
#
#   Utility to force leafnode to download news from very-low traffic
#   newsgroups by reading the last article from the newsgroup.
#
#   Copyright (c) 1999 Jim Nicholson <j.nicholson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>.

BTW, it was not necessary to read the "latest", any would do. In fact,

GROUP some.news.group
STAT

used to be sufficient.  Now,

GROUP some.subscribed.news.group

will do the same job for all groups listed in interesting.groups.

This has been in leafnode-2 for a long time so it got backported.

HTH,

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)