Re: [leafnode-list] inaccurate response to GROUP command

> leafnode will _NEVER_ decrement the "high watermark" even if some of the
> articles with higher numbers have expired.

Hmm... it is not clear from the text of the standards whether this is
permitted or not.

RFC 977 calls it the "last article number in the group" which suggests that it
should refer to a number actually _in_ the group.

The nntpext draft introduces the "high water mark" terminology which makes
things even more vague.

Are you basing this behavior on one of these two documents or something else?
I've heard that Usenet/NNTP is a world where tradition/history carries about
as much weight as the RFCs.