Re: [leafnode-list] using leafnode2 with post-only servers

"Cory C. Albrecht" <cory+spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> OK, I've built leafnode2 and it seems to be working nicely.
>
> However, 1 of my servers is a post only server but I can't seem to find
> an equivalent config option to v1's noread option. It's rather silly
> for fetchnews to be trying to retrieve articles from a server that wont
> have any.
>
> Are the any options that aren't mentioned in config.example?

Indeed the nopost and noread options aren't part of leafnode-2.

Does something similar to this work in /etc/leafnode/config?

## Use this server only for posting:
server           = post.only.example.com
# prevent active file download:
noactive         = 1
# only download from groups without name -- as there are no groups
# without name, this means "don't fetch any groups":
only_groups_pcre = ^$
# override only_groups_pcre for posting:
post_anygroup    = 1

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)