[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [leafnode-list] 441 Post rejected, formatting error: Message-ID: header does not have domain name part
- To: leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] 441 Post rejected, formatting error: Message-ID: header does not have domain name part
- From: "Robert J. Clark" <clark@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:23:09 -0400
- Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 05:23:28 +0200
- List-id: Discussions on the Leafnode Usenet software package <leafnode-list.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
- Sender: leafnode-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Pan/0.14.2 (This is not a psychotic episode. It's a cleansing moment of clarity.)
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:44:05 -0400, Cranky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When trying to reply to a message via Opera one of our users is getting:
> 441 Post rejected, formatting error: Message-ID: header does not have
> domain name part
> Do you have any idea what this means exactly?
The requirements for message ID's for Usenet posts are more strict than
they are for email messages . Check out
<http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1036.html> section 2.1.5. Sounds like Opera
is not generating a valid message ID.
As for what you can do about it, I'm not sure. I believe that Opera will
generate the message ID based on the host name of the posting host. You
could try making sure that the host has a reasonable name set.
Sorry I can't be more help.
leafnode-list mailing list