Re: [leafnode-list] 441 Post rejected, formatting error: Message-ID: header does not have domain name part

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, cranky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When trying to reply to a message via Opera one of our users is getting:
>
> 441 Post rejected, formatting error: Message-ID: header does not have
> domain name part
>
> Do you have any idea what this means exactly?

Exactly what it says.

I cannot reproduce the problem with Linux Opera 7.54.

Probably the client that runs Opera has a system that doesn't have a
fully qualified domain name - this isn't knowledge but just a qualified
speculation.

Fix the client system, if it's Unixish, see
http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode/README-FQDN.html

If it's Opera on Windows, use the network configuration (system
identification) to set a DNS domain name for the computer. The exact
location of that configuration depends on the Windows version. I cannot
help here, check Windows FAQs.

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)