[leafnode-list] Re: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20040818a snapshot available

"Cory C. Albrecht" <cory+leafnode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> From:           	ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Matthias Andree)
>> + Feature: Retry fetching bodies of delaybody articles only four times,
>>   then give up.
>
> What exactly is meant by "four times"? Four individual servers? Or
> four passes of fetchnews though all servers?

Four attempts to get the article in total. I have a note that reminds me
to make that configurable but getting your "noread" solved in a full
tarball was priority for me.

> E.g. Say I have three servers in my config. Does one pass through equal three
> times (one per server)

New idea: I should write a timestamp instead and use the group's expire
time. No new configuration parameter needed and it does something
sensible.

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)