Re: [leafnode-list] texpire failing to expire

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Robert Marshall <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> In my config file I have
>>
>> groupexpire = alt.folklore.* 5
>>
>> but I'm seeing thousands of articles in alt.folklore.computers dating
>> back to May, I've tried running with -f but the articles still won't
>> expire.
>
>> leafnode 2.0.0.alpha20040305a
>
> Does the problem persist with a recent snapshot?

Umm yes don't the months go fast over the summer!

Even with the new version without -f

alt.folklore.computers: 201 articles deleted, 5337 kept

at least that is an improvement! but after that with -f

alt.folklore.computers: 0 articles deleted, 5337 kept

my guess is that -f should get rid of all but 600 of them - there are
still articles dating back to May 23rd

Robert