RE: [leafnode-list] texpire failing to expire

You obviously don't read alt.folklore.computers, regular home to "the longest thread ever"!  Seriously, if there was any group where this was likely to be valid, that would be it.

I found empirically that I had to set an especially short groupexpire for a.f.c. to prevent it growing rather large for the small volume in which my spool resides, presumably because of this design.