Re: [leafnode-list] texpire failing to expire

[sorry Matthias meant to send this to the list!]

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:

> "Cory C. Albrecht" <cory+leafnode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> I know that I would prefer the simple method of switching off threading
>> in texpire.
>
> Please let me know if the patch below (for 20040920a or 20040915a, may
> not apply to earlier versions) works for you to force article-based
> expiry. The new -a option (expire articles, not threads) removed another
> 20% or so of my articles so it does something %-)

Works for me (finally gets alt.f.c under control!), thanks for sorting
this out - it looks a little scary though! :

alt.folklore.computers: 0 articles deleted, 0 kept, interesting
gnu.emacs.gnus: 0 articles deleted, 0 kept, interesting
usw _all_ with 0 kept
message.id: 0 articles deleted, 27760 kept

whew!
there was only the one output line on a grep "[0-9][0-9] kept"

Robert