Re: [leafnode-list] Bug Report leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20040920a snapshot available

Matthias Andree wrote:

Jim Gifford <maillist@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Ok, here is the issue, when posting, the outgoing post keeps sending until I manually delete it from /var/spool/news/out.going. Any suggestions or patches for me to fix this issue.

Jim,

fetchnews will only purge outgoing posts from the queue when it sees a
copy of your article upstream. It might be that your upstream server
doesn't proplery communicate "have the post".

Are you using a "feed-only" (or forward-only) news server for posting,
that doesn't have its own article spool?

feed-only

What server are you using and what banner will it print if you telnet
into it?

# telnet news.linkline.com
Trying 216.168.3.44...
Connected to news.linkline.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Supernews NNRP server ready - http://www.supernews.com (posting ok)

Do the postings clear from the queue after several subsequent fetchnews
runs or stick around until the next day or so?

They never delete, it just keeps sending and posting. Here is a link to google news groups, where the problem was noticed
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=mailman.1653.1092782026.2011.bug-bash%40gnu.org&prev=/groups%3Fnum%3D25%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26group%3Dgnu.bash.bug%26start%3D200

Looking forward to your replies,

--
----