[leafnode-list] Re: Problem with deleted newsgroup

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> writes:

> Berthold HXllmann schrieb am 2004-10-05:
>           ^
> (Please fix your newsreader to use RFC-2047)

I hope this is fixed now?

>> I get a warning for each configured newsserver about the deleted
>> 'de.comp.hardware.announce' newsgroup:
>>
>> # fetchnews
>> de.comp.hardware.announce not found in groupinfo file
>
> Try running fetchnews -f once. It should fix this issue.

This did not fix the problem for me, and introduced it on another
installation.

>rpm -q leafnode
leafnode-1.10.4.rel-1

The problem went away after deleting

/var/spool/news/interesting.groups/de.comp.hardware.announce

>> check_date: news.mozdev.org: clocks of upstream and this computer are more than
>> 10 minutes apart. Check your system clock.
>
> This is not your fault, news.mozdev.org's clock is off.  Write to
> <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> and ask them to fix their clock and ask them to
> consider using NTP on their news server.

I sent them a mail again,

Thanks
Berthold
--