[leafnode-list] Re: Problem with deleted newsgroup

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> writes:

> Berthold Höllmann schrieb am 2004-10-06:
>
>> Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > Berthold HXllmann schrieb am 2004-10-05:
>> >           ^
>> > (Please fix your newsreader to use RFC-2047)
>>
>> I hope this is fixed now?
>
> Yes, it is. Thank you.

You are welcome

>> > Try running fetchnews -f once. It should fix this issue.
>>
>> This did not fix the problem for me, and introduced it on another
>> installation.
>
> Strange. http://www.dana.de/mod/checkgroups.txt lists the group, so
> fetchnews -f should either have complained or added the group to the
> groupinfo file.

The group has been deleted recently (there was a post, that this
should happen at 2004/09/04, see
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&group=de.comp.hardware.announce&selm=cha4ek.360.1%40news.pothe.de)
The reason is given in
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&group=de.comp.hardware.announce&selm=Result-loeschung-de.comp.hardware.announce-27.08.2004%40dana.de

I have only two crosspostings for the whole de.comp.hardware hierarchy
in my /var/spool/news/de/comp/hardware/announce directory. They are
from 2004/09/05.

> Have there been warnings? (Also check the logs; see README for
> information on how to enable logging.)

I can't remember any warn mails regarding de.comp.hardware.announce
(fetchnews runs from cron, and I get the warning messages as mail).
There were definitly none since 2004/10/03 except those messages
mentioned in my first mail.

Berthold Höllmann
--
bhoel@xxxxxx / http://starship.python.net/crew/bhoel/