Re: [leafnode-list] Moving leafnode to another server?

CJ Kucera <leafnode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've been running leafnode on my desktop box for some time now, and
> I'd like to move it over to another machine.  I've looked through the
> contents of /var/spool/news, and it seems that the only actual mention
> of my current hostname is contained in some Xref header on the newsgroup
> messages themselves.  If I just copy /var/spool/news over to the new
> box (with a different hostname), will things continue to work properly,
> or will the differences in Xrefs mess things up somehow?

Leafnode itself will be fine as long as the length of the name of the
spooldir remains the same. It doesn't care for the hostname embedded in
XRef:, but clients might.

Make sure that you copy hard links as hard links.

To be on the safe side, use only a recent leafnode version (do not use
1.9.X) and run texpire -r after copying, or just texpire on versions
that do not understand the "-r" option.