Re: [leafnode-list] Illegal Headers and Hang?

                                         ====================

> -bash-2.05b$ article /var/spool/news/alt/religion/unitarian-univ/955 contained
> illegal headers: References: does not end with ">"
>
> Had to do a ^C at this point ...
>
> Looks like the above error causes fetchnews to hang ???

No. Output it produces after the "Started process ... in the background"
message will clobber your screen, but this is not a hint it hung. In
fact, fetchnews will probably not have seen the ^C at all because that's
for the foreground process of the terminal. ^C just causes bash to
abort the line edit and print another prompt.

I bet if you'd typed: ps ax | grep '[f]etchnews'
you'd have seen that it was gone after a few seconds.

> Ran it again and it finished correctly.

It likely finished correctly the first time, too, only it printed that
information about broken article formatting.