Re: [leafnode-list] Preventing crossposting to a local group?

Lloyd Zusman schrieb am 2004-12-07:

> I have a question that indirectly relates to the issue below.
>
> Is it possible in leafnode-2.0.0.* to tell leafnode/fetchnews
> to _only_ manage local groups?  In other words, there are no
> upstream servers.
>
> I have created a local group and when I posted to it, the post was
> accepted.  Furthermore, I can see the post in the in.coming
> directory.  However, I don't know how to get it from that directory
> to the local group within the leafnode news spool.
>
> I have run "fetchnews" and "fetchnews -P", but in both cases,
> I get this error:
>
>   fetchnews: no servers found in configuration file.

You needn't run fetchnews if you only offer local groups, it suffices to
only run texpire occasionally to purge old posts, if that is desired.

You may want to set the groupexpire according to documentation to
prevent expiry at all and run texpire nonetheless because it is
currently also a spool validator tool.

I am not sure if leafnode complains about an incomplete active file then
though.