Re: [leafnode-list] Preventing crossposting to a local group?

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:50:03PM -0500, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> > Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> >> [ ... ] I want to set up a local group that will
> >> reject all articles that are crosspost attempts.  [ ... ]
>

> > Does something like this work (as filter; adjust the newsgroup name to
> > be a Perl compatible regular expression):
> >
> > newsgroups = ^local\.nocrossposts$
> > maxcrosspost = 1
> > action = kill
>
> Ah!  I missed this in the docs.  Thanks.
>

> > If not, does it work only for local or only for remote posts?

I finally was able to do a test of this.  It doesn't work for local
groups.  I don't know about remote groups, because I have a
local-only setup.  I posted an article to the local newsgroup with a
single group in the Newsgroups: line, and it was properly accepted.
Then, I posted another article with two different groups in the
Newsgroups: line, and it was accepted, as well.

The exact lines you specified above are in my filters file.

Thoughts?

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx