Re: [leafnode-list] Groupinfo file damaged ... ???

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm using leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20041113a.
>
> My leaf.node/groupinfo file keeps getting corrupted, and I then
> start getting repeated instances of this message in syslog:
>
>   Groupinfo file damaged, ignoring line:  1

Sorry to hear that.

However that error message doesn't look like one from the 20041113a
version, which looks like this (it includes a copy of the broken line):

    Groupinfo file damaged, ignoring line #5: "junk"

I have been running the same version since its release, without such
messages. I'm wondering if you're running the right version or if you
happen to have different leafnode versions in different paths. Please
try the "locate" command to find the "fetchnews", "texpire" and
"leafnode" commands and see if there's only one copy per command.

> After corruption, the first line of that file looks like this:
>
>   #A 1

The #A is fixed and the figure is the count of lines following in that
file, to allow for reading the groupinfo file faster.

> If I remove that line, everything becomes fine again, but then a
> little later, I start getting the "Groupinfo file damaged" message
> again, with the groupinfo file being re-corrupted in the same way.

Are there any other logs that you see WRT groupinfo handling or
contents, reading groupinfo? What is your configuration (I don't need
username/password so you can remove those lines)? Are you using local
groups?

> I'm sorry if this issue might have been discussed already in this
> mailing list, but at the moment, I don't have access to the list
> archives.

It is a new issue to me.