Re: [leafnode-list] 20041213a Groupinfo

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 04:06:15PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Lloyd Zusman schrieb am 2004-12-14:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 07:25:35AM -0800, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> > > I just installed 20041213a and did a fetchnews run, and the damager
> > > groupinfo file problem appears to be fixed.
> >
> > Sadly, I'm still getting these messages after the 20041213a install:
> >
> >   Groupinfo file damaged, ignoring line: #A 91466
>
> This is definitely not 20041213a, which will print a line number (taken
> from the tarball):
>
> [ ... ]

Now that message has stopped appearing in syslog, even though I see
instances of it from beyond the time when I upgraded to 20041213a.
But perhaps this has to do with some sort of caching in syslog,
where it may have taken some time for old messages to get flushed
into the syslog logger ... or if not that, I haven't a clue ... ???

Well, all is well now, in any case, and it's been quite a while
since I've seen any more of those messages.  So I now consider the
problem to be closed.

Thanks, Matthias.

--
 Lloyd Zusman