Re: [leafnode-list] Getting a new leafnode setup in sync with an old one.

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I have leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20041213a running in a local-group-only
> setup.  I need to move the domain it sits on to another machine and
> have this new machine start serving these local groups.
>
> Assume that I do a new, clean "make install" of leafnode on the new
> machine. After that, what is the minimal set of files and
> directories that I need to rsync from the old machine to the new
> one?
>
> Leafnode's directory names and locations will be different on the
> new machine, and that's why I only want to rsync the minimum amount
> of information necessary to bring up the new version of leafnode so
> that it starts properly serving the local groups where the version
> on the old machine left off.

Leafnode-2 can deal with a new directory location, just rsync the whole
spool if that isn't too inconvenient, compile on the new machine with
proper --enable-spooldir=/some/where setting and that should be
it. Remember to use the -a option so rsync copies hard links as hard
links rather than files.