Re: [leafnode-list] What triggers in.coming news to be posted?

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm running a local-groups-only setup of leafnode-20041215a.
>
> I'm looking for an exhaustive list of things that will cause news
> that is sitting in the "in.coming" directory to be posted into the
> appropriate local groups.

1. starting fetchnews
2. starting texpire
3. posting an article when no leafnode program except the nntpd server
   is active at that time

> Does someone have to do a "list active" before this news gets
> posted? Do we have to run "texpire"?  Or what? ...

The latter will do.

> P.S. -- Is it true that news posted through leafnode using the
> "post" command will end up in the "in.coming" directory before being
> posted appropriately?

If they are to appear in the local spool, then yes, they will go through
in.coming. Upstream posts will go through out.going - and usually also
through in.coming to conserve bandwidth, unless no_direct_spool is set.