Re: [leafnode-list] Behind-the-scenes cancelation in a local group.

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Given that I have root on the server and therefore full access to
> the leafnode installation tree, what are the recommended steps that
> I should take to go into the leafnode news spool and cancel a given
> article in a local group?

Leafnode does not currently expose its cancel interface (it should).
As long as the article isn't crossposted, just remove it from the group,
for example:

rm /var/spool/news/local/group/7463

and then run texpire (without -r option!).

If it was crossposted, look at the XRef header of the article first to
figure what groups it is in and which number it has in the respective
groups.