Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode spool

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005, Mairhtin O'Feannag wrote:

> The recent posting about removing articles from the leafnode spool raises a question.
>
> I have various groups that I want to have "truncated" after a certain amount of days (high traffic).  Others I want
> to keep forever.  Never "truncate".
>
> Is this possible with leafnode?

Yes. groupexpire is what you want, and expire is the default for groups
that aren't matched by any groupexpire statement.

say:

expire = 21
groupexpire high.traffic.group = 10

Groupexpire accepts glob patterns (that is ? for one character, * for
any, possibly null, sequence of characters, [characterclass]), see
man 7 glob
for details.

Note: this is leafnode-1 syntax.

leafnode-2 uses a different syntax ("=" sign right after groupexpire)