[leafnode-list] Problems with reading from newsgroups (501 no such list available)

Hi guys,

I've been using leafnode for over a year without a hitch, and recently, I started getting this error which I can't for the life of me resolve.

What happens is that when I run fetchnews either as the "news" user or as root, I get the same output.

Here is what I see when running fetchnews -vvv

leafnode 1.9.29.rel: verbosity level is 3
Trying to connect to newsgroups.comcast.net:nntp ... connected.
newsgroups.comcast.net: 0 articles posted
Getting all newsgroups from newsgroups.comcast.net
Reading newsgroups descriptions failed: 501 no such list available.
Reading server info from /var/spool/news/leaf.node/newsgroups.comcast.net
Disconnected from newsgroups.comcast.net.

I don't understand why the "501 no such list available" error is occuring, I have never seen it before until now.

I tried adding a line to /etc/leafnode/config

nodesc=1

For this server, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I even erased all the files in /var/spool/news hoping that it would just start from scratch and recreate everything, but I get the same problem.

Has anyone experienced this who could help me?

Here are my system details:

leafnode 1.9.29 as you can see above
running on Mandrake 8.0
i386 system, nothing special or fancy about it.

Thanks,